Wednesday 16 November 2011

Country Living

As my blog followers are aware, it is rare for me not to spend the morning either honing a feature, refining a pitch or writing up an interview. But then how tedious life would be without exceptions.
Today, for instance, I indulged in a welcome break from my laptop and decamped to a sunny corner of the drawing room with a pot of Earl Grey and a homemade scone. Not that this was simply a culinary break in my routine. Rather, Country Living magazine, a timeless classic that has garnished the shelves of quality newsagents for some considerable years, includes my 5 page feature, Farm from Afar, in its December edition and I took the opportunity to peruse the whole issue. If you are keen to support local farmers without risking any manicure repercussions, it is in your interest to purchase a copy of this gloriously colourful journal.
Now I realise we are still in the thick of autumn but, for those of you who like to plan ahead, the organisers of the Thame Arts and Literature Festival, at which first two events I have appeared, have asked me to return in October next year to run a further workshop. I have, of course, accepted and further details will be notified nearer the time.
On the teaching front, my Regular Writing attendees are blossoming beautifully. They are simply full of innovative ideas and publishable prose but just need a little more prompting in the latter direction. I am most grateful to one of my learners who posted on Twitter about my rare gifts of inspiration and generosity. How humbling!
While mentioning Twitter my fan base has now reached 200 and I trust those tweetettes amongst you appreciate my writing tips and humorous asides.
You are also, no doubt, taking time from your busy schedules to enjoy my blogs. Lady Margaret Gosworthy-Pringle posts fortnightly for Hampshire Life while My Islington Friend(www.london.greatbritishlife.co.uk) and A Write Life! (www.hertfordshire.greatbritishlife.co.uk) feature monthly.
Now, what else? Ah, yes. As part of my many recent duties I have been delighted to undertake some research for the charmingly fragrant children’s author Nicholas Halliday. Also, I will be running another Writing for Magazines course in early 2012and have decided to do a little more copywriting. The thrill of such diversity leaves me quite giddy with creativity . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment