Tuesday 1 November 2016

Autumn exhibitions, reviews and interviews


Whilst I spend the majority of my working hours in front of a laptop in my study, it’s good to get out, despite the misty atmosphere and falling temperatures. Recently I was invited to a private view of the Bucks, Beds and Berks Print Making Exhibition at the Bucks Museum which revealed a number of talented artist who might well be approached for interviews. In October the Ashmolean offered two press views in one day. My Power and Protection review is now on Cotswold Life’s website and Liu Dan is awaiting publication in The Lady. I was also invited to attend a Presentation Event at Top Santé, meeting editors and fellow writers over Prosecco and nibbles.

I have run a number of workshops at the Thame Arts and Literature Festivals over the last few years but this autumn did a live interview (The F Words: Fact and Fiction) with Herts author, Julie Mayhew.

On the writing front my Opinions and Pearls blog continues to be a vehicle for the outrageously old school views of Lady Margaret Gosworthy-Pringle. Do take a look. Writers’ Forum has published my interview with author Catherine Jones and my latest Hampshire Life artist profile features Chris Gilbert. Buckinghamshire Life includes another two articles: theatrical designer Terry Parsons and Aylesbury creative, Diane Harrison. My interview with artist Mitzie Green is in Hertfordshire Life.

It is some years since I established my Regular Writing group which continues to meet monthly and I was so pleased to hear of Julia Brilleman’s success in winning – again – the Thame Arts and Literature Festival short story competition.

Right, now to start writing for January editions.

No comments:

Post a Comment