Monday 25 July 2016

Landscape Painter of the Year


No, not me. Words are my thing. And perhaps, after three years writing artist profiles for Hampshire Life, that explains my latest project. Archant is organising a Landscape Painter of the Year Competition for its South West titles whose Arts and Interiors Editor has asked me to be one of the judges for Hampshire Life. Ooh yes please, I enthusiastically responded within seconds of receiving the email. The competition will be launched in September editions with the winner announced in the New Year. I'll let you know how the competition progresses.

My live BeaconLit interview with Jan Raycroft, Buckinghamshire Life Editor, was great fun and I’m looking forward to my next live gig at Thame Arts and Literature Festival this autumn when I interview author and playwright, Julie Mayhew.

Following my recent trip to the Ashmolean, my Bountiful Invention review has been published in The Lady. The August edition of Buckinghamshire Life includes my interview with Three Chairs Grooming pioneer, Ryan Bartlett, whilst the same edition of Hampshire Life carries my Hampshire Open Studios feature.

I’ve recently been down to Portsmouth to interview more artists including the Official Artist for the British America’s Cup team, and last week a chance meeting with a local photographer at a Wendover exhibition secured my next Creative Vale subject. I attended an inspiring Chiltern Writers meeting and, as always, am constantly on the lookout for news, events and information for my Bucks Herald columns. So do get in touch if you have details to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment