Tuesday 1 April 2014

Competitions, Cezanne and all things Equine



There’s nothing I enjoy more than encouraging writers and so I have been delighted to be part of a brace of writing competition commitments. The prize giving of the Chiltern Open Air Museum writing competition was held last Saturday and how thrilled I was to see two of my ex learners scooping prizes. Now it’s the final few days before the closing date of the Berkhamsted Writing Competition and I am already anticipating plenty of stimulating reading over the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, I have visited the Ashmolean in Oxford for the first time this year, providing a review of Cézanane and the Modern exhibition for that most iconic magazine, The Lady. 

Not that I have deserted my other regulars. Buckinghamshire Life this month carries my feature about all things equine while Hampshire Life features yet another artist profile, this time the charmingly talented and ultra humorous Jonny Hannah. 

Of course, interview opportunities may pop up at the most unexpected times and writers must always be prepared. When a friend took me to see Gervase Phinn, for instance, at a pre Christmas show in Maidenhead, I found the opportunity for a quick chat afterwards. He was most accepting of my offer to interview him which has since appeared in Prayer for Today.

Numerous other features are lined up for 2014, more of which at a later date. But for those of you who yearn to hear the latest musings of Lady Margaret Gosworthy-Pringle, please log onto Hampshire Life’s website where she regularly enlightens the nation as to her standards, and expectations. If only the rest of us could keep up with her . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment