Thursday 21 March 2013

From Hospice Fund Raising to Tate Modern



It may have been a couple of months since I last communicated via this blog, but the intervening weeks have been packed with literary based activity.

Where to begin? Oh yes, the Inspiration to Write workshop (mentioned previously) at St Francis Hospice was a huge success. An enthusiastic bunch of writers gave their all and, indeed, one has since joined my Regular Writing Group. Actually, I held another such workshop just this week and was delighted to inspire more writers whilst simultaneously raising money for the Hospice. And just to keep you up to date, I’m in talks with said establishment to begin a Caring Words group for patients but more on that, I hope, next time.

I also recently organised a fun packed evening for a few learners who attended my workshop at the Thame Arts and Literature Festival last year. This time we focussed on mirth and a jolly time was had by all.

I have, of course, been busy writing as well as teaching. Buckinghamshire Life carried my article about Chiltern Writers in their February issue and an interview with children’s author, Nick Halliday, featured in the March edition.

Not that I’ve been confined to the home since I last reported. For I spent another fascinating week at The Lady HQ producing the Daily Round Up of news for their website. In addition, they asked me to pop over to Tate Modern one morning to review the Lichtenstein retrospective and my write up appeared in the 1 March issue along with a financial piece I co wrote with their staff writer. And you thought I didn’t know about such high brow stuff, I bet.

Now it’s time to crack on. Though I should mention that if you fancy a titter, do check out Lady Margaret Gosworthy-Pringle’s latest missive. Tardy tenants and dishevelled shrubbery, no wonder she’s upset . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment