Thursday 16 June 2011

Editorial Accomplishments

Having just fired off another blog to the ever grateful Great British Life I thought I'd take this opportunity to revisit my own website, tended and nurtured by the captivatingly faithful Nick Halliday (HallidayBooks.com) who never fails to tend my whims between his author and illustrator duties.

I'm sure you recall my recent editorial undertaking at Country Living magazine? What a breathtakingly stimulating fortnight I experienced and I'm thrilled to tell you that the Features Editor accepted two of my pieces whilst I was in situ and has since commissioned a hefty article for their January 2012 issue.

Yet no sooner had I departed NatMags HQ than I headed for Southern Spain for my annual sojourn to the mountainside home of a dear friend and soulmate. We shared conversation, laughter and a bountiful supply of wine though I also managed a spot of sunbathing and a few hours at my laptop. Amazing how much easier it is to write without the distraction of domesticity.

Since returning I have interviewed the enthusiastic photographer Jane Ambler (PhotographMyDog.com) and will begin writing the article just as soon as I've posted this post. My Regular Writing group is now working to deadlines and I have more articles hitting the newsagents' shelves shortly. But please excuse me, I have editors to contact, pitches to chase and ideas to brainstorm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment