Wednesday 29 October 2014

From pearls to royalty, and local exhibitions to The Ivy.



As autumn approaches I find myself reflecting on a busy and creative few months which have resulted in a range of articles. Firstly, my Lady Margaret Gosworthy-Pringle persona continues to pontificate on matters as far reaching as gloves, pearls and seasonal celebrations via Hampshire Life’s website. How opinionated she is and how mindboggling that I should find her so accessible!

Perhaps we should move on . . . for Buckinghamshire Life I talked to the amazingly creative Linda Newham whose floristry designs are amongst some of the most beautiful I have ever witnessed. And for the same publication, I spent a most stimulating day at Queens Park Centre as well as producing 25 Autumn Treats and 10 Good Reasons to Love Bucks features.

Meanwhile my insatiable appetite for artists continues. Hampshire Life readers have learnt about Hampshire Open Studios exhibitors plus Stephen Lees and Sheila Hope via my interviews. Articles covering Baldock’s Fireside Festival, Hertfordshire Ghosts and Hitchin History Walks have been featured in Hertfordshire Life.

I was delighted to run yet another workshop at this year’s Thame Arts and Literature Festival and, in anticipation of the pantomime season, I recently had the pleasure of journeying to Milton Keynes Theatre to interview Bradley Walsh and the ultra talented dance group, Flawless. Read all about them in the December edition of Buckinghamshire Life.

It’s always a pleasure when invitations come my way and I was especially thrilled when Charlie Barton, whom I interviewed last year, invited me to The Ivy for a private preview of her latest work. Far from me to name drop, but it was an evening of mixing with royalty and some of the most seasoned writers and actors.

Not that I neglect more local callings. I have attended the opening of Fabric HQ plus a private preview of a photography exhibition at Obsidian Art. Such talent! No wonder I am spoiled for interview choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment