Friday 29 April 2016

From interviewing to tea and tarts


What a busy and varied month I have to report on. Let’s begin with a new venture, but one to which I have secretly aspired for some time – interviewing. Fellow writer and Chiltern Writers member Dave Sivers asked me to interview him at a couple of his book signings in order to add interest to the events. Of course, I replied! The first venue was Aylesbury Library with a hearty number of supporters. Ivinghoe Library was a little quieter but still great fun and my thanks to Dave for making my role so easy and interesting.

Meanwhile I’m also working with Dave organising BeaconLit which has attracted sponsorship, successful authors, a performance poet and Editor of one of this country’s iconic magazines. Please put Saturday 2 July in your diary and order an early bird ticket – it promises to be an inspiring day.

On the writing front, my latest Buckinghamshire Life features are an interview with Hon Christopher Gilmour about Winslow Hall and this summer’s opera event, plus an article celebrating RAF Halton’s Trenchard Museum and James McCudden Flight Heritage Centre where, during interviewing, I had the privilege of flying a de Havilland Chipmunk simulator. The fabulously talented Lucy Pick is my latest Hampshire Life artist profile and I’ve also written a feature about Gerlinde Seeley and her award winning skin care range for Lincolnshire Pride Magazine.

It’s never too early to think of Christmas, by the way. So, along with fellow journalists I was invited to tea and tarts in Queens Park Centre as part of their panto launch. Oh yes, I was!

Finally, my Bucks Herald Neighbourhood News columns continue to cover numerous local events and news, and pitches to magazine editors have been flying off the keyboard. I’ll keep you posted about their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment