Thursday 5 June 2014

Ooh, has it really been two months?



Ooh, has it really been two months since I last blogged? Heavens, how time flies when deadlines demand attention.

Now, before you complain about my ineptitude at keeping in touch on a regular basis, let me share my workload since we last spoke. There have been two features for Buckinghamshire Life: By the Waterside and John Newton / Olney. Similarly Hampshire Life have published two interviews – one with the charmingly artistic Nate Kitch as well as the colourful Kev Munday. In The Four Shires I was pleased to feature PhotographMyDog / Jane Ambler while The Lady carried my Art Belongs to the People! review. My Jonathan Aitken interview was published in Prayer for Today. Plus, Hertfordshire Life ran my interview with Dr Ros Taylor MBE. Of course, Lady Margaret Gosworthy-Pringle continues to air her views each month for Hampshire Life.

See, I told you I was busy. I’ve also read through hundreds of short story entries for the Berkhamsted Writing Competition, the prize giving being on Thursday, 12 June.

Meanwhile my Neighbourhood News columns for the Bucks Herald now cover Wendover, Ellesborough and Halton.

But I haven’t been shackled to my laptop the whole time. I spent a most charming evening at the official residence of the Bishop of Buckingham supporting Lindengate, a new charity set up in Wendover, and managed to share a bench with the delightful David Lidington MP whilst we both scoffed scrumptious hog roast baps. And only this Monday I attended a reception day in Chiltern Forest Golf Club presented by the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. 

I would, of course, love to further recount my commitments, but I am due at a charity ‘do’ shortly before returning to embark on yet more deadlines . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment