Saturday 1 March 2014

Commissions, interviews and deadlines



Commissions, interviews and deadlines have so preoccupied me these past two months that I have inadvertently got behind with my blogging commitments. So let me enlighten you as to what I have been up to.

In that most professional of glossy magazines, Hampshire Life, my interviews with the sparklingly talented Pippa Blake, Eileen Cooper and Peter Lloyd have, I hope, provided riveting reading as well as an insight into the creative process of each inspiring artist.

In addition, features about Twinning Associations and entrepreneur, Mike Clare, have graced the pages of Buckinghamshire Life whilst Hertfordshire life carried my article about the fascinating town of Baldock in their February edition.

Apart from contributing to Archant’s glossies, my interviews with Emma Smith about her charity work in Honduras and Guatemala, along with Newcastle United FC’s Gael Bigirimana, have appeared on Prayer for Today’s new online magazine.

Much as I love working from the comfort of my study, where I try not to be distracted by my pets and the countryside, the occasional press invitation is much appreciated. And so it was I recently headed for the Five Arrows Hotel in Waddesdon. Let me assure you, the champagne was delightful. The canapés, too, out of this world. Though I did manage to refrain from consuming both for long enough to tour their latest bedrooms which were simply stunning. And how lovely to bump into BBC Radio Oxford’s charming Bill Heine that evening. In an attempt to persuade me back onto his Sunday show, he paid me the most intriguing compliment. Do take a look at the home page of my website to read what he said about me.

Finally, I should remind you of Lady Margaret Gosworthy-Pringle’s monthly blog for Hampshire Life. How she enjoys sharing her opinions. Honestly, I can hardly imagine how she does it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment