Thursday 21 July 2011

Summer Delights

Far be it from me to boast but recently I have yet again sampled the delights of The Continent. Only last week my whole family flew to a quiet spot in northern Mallorca where, amid thirty degree temperatures and an unnecessary amount of humidity, we defied wilting by reclining in the shade sipping cool local wine. And though I appreciate the modicum of suntan I gained, I am now rather enjoying the cool, cloudy, cumulus conditions of our native summer.

At the moment mummy duties take precedence, of course, though my literary duties are never neglected. I have another feature in Prayer for Today and Writing Magazine 's August edition includes my double page spread on opinion writing.

And I am overjoyed to share with you the news that I will be holding a humour writing workshop at this year's Thame Arts and Literature Festival. Do follow the TAL link on my webby for The Ins & Outs, Ups & Downs and Nuts & Bolts of Humour Writing. However, should the Saturday date clash with any prior appointments, perhaps you could contact Farncombe Estate where I will be appearing next year with two weekend courses: Writing for Magazines and Humour Writing. And they say the Olympics will be the highlight of 2012 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment